Find My Pension – Lost or Frozen Pension?

How to Find Your Lost Pension Scheme in the UK


Do you have a lost or frozen pension? We can find your pension plan. We can also find your pension age and your pension pot size. Find out when you will retire and how much it will be worth in retirement.

If you have lost your pension or can’t remember the details of your pension scheme, we can help trace your pension. We can locate your pension scheme in the UK with just a few minor details.

Lost Pension Scheme? We Can Find Your Pension

Let us help you find your pension plan.


We can find out how much your pension pot is worth and if your pension pot is frozen. We can unfreeze your pension plan in many cases and then relocate your pension to another pension scheme or cash in your pension depending on the circumstances.

If you are a British expatriate or Brit working abroad, we can also help you reduce your tax bill on your UK pension by moving it to a QROPS.

Click here to locate your pension. The form will take you through a list of questions, so that we can locate your pension using the government’s pension tracing service

Find My Pension Scheme for Me

Alternatively, we can find your pension on your behalf. Please fill in the form below.

Your contact details

Title: Mr/Ms/Mrs/Dr
First name:
Email address:
Potential beneficiary’s details (i.e. who will the pension be payable to upon death?)
First name:
Questions About the pension scheme you are trying to find

Employer name:
Employment start date:
Employment end date:
Date joined pension scheme:
Last known address of employer/scheme :
Last known address of employer/scheme 2:
Last known address of employer/scheme 3:
Occupational (employer) schemes:
Employer’s type of business:
Your job title:
Employer’s trading name:
Name of parent company (if applicable):

You can check the name of your former company in the UK and their company address here:

Any details above will only be used for the purpose of contacting the Department of Work & Pensions on your behalf.

You can read more here on their privacy policy.

Free Pension Review

Claiming Your State Pension as an Expat

You can only claim your state pension if you are within 4 months and 4 days of State Pension Age.
If you are 40 years or older (in 2014), then the pension age is 67.

You can work your pension age out with the state pension age calculator. This also allow you to estimate your basic state pension pot.
You may also defer your pension and take a higher pension at a later age.

Click here to claim your state pension as an expat.

Only give them a call if you have NOT lived in any of the countries below.

If you have worked in the EU or any of the countries below, then you must contact the pension authority in these countries to claim a state pension:

Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or Switzerland.

Will My Pension Increase in Line with Inflation?

Only if you live in the the European Economic Area (EEA), Switzerland or certain countries that have a social security agreement with the UK, such as the USA, the Philippines and some commonwealth countries such as Jamaica, Bermuda, BVI and Barbados.

However, Australia, Canada, Japan, New Zealand, South Africa, Thailand and many other expat favourites are not covered and your pension will be frozen. Your state pension will not increase in line with inflation.

Frozen State Pension Countries

The following is a list of countries in which your pension will NOT increase in line with inflation.

The basic state pension increases in line with inflation which is typically around 2.5% however, expats who are living in the following countries will get NO increase in their state pension. Their state pensions are frozen and will not rise each year.

There are nearly 600,000 pensioners living abroad who have frozen pension schemes.

This affects not only well heeled expats who are retiring abroad, but also many Caribbean and Asian Brits who came to work in the UK in the 1960’s and 1970’s when Britain asked foreigners to come to Britain to work, because we didn’t have enough staff.

Now, Trinidadians and Indians who have worked in the UK for decades and paid national insurance contributions will have their state pensions frozen if they retire back to their birth countries.

Many war veterans will also not receive their state pension benefits and some are left with no family to care for them. Please write to the International Consortium of British Pensioners (ICBP) at their pension justice website to petition.